Monday, January 16, 2017

blah

  1.  It is 5:45 in the morning and I have been willing my body to return to sleep for the past half an hour. There are a chorus of ragged breath as my congested family struggles to breath. I am the only healthy one at the moment, probably because I spent the month of December in the throes of what they are experiencing now. Thankfully there is an abundance of citrus available here. Nathaniel and Amelia found an orange tree not far from the property we are staying on and have brought many armloads home. I couple days ago, when we were searching for the Hilton hotel, we found a grapefruit tree anD picked as many as we could reach. They were perfectly ripe and sweet. We have since picked passion fruit, papaya and coconuts. Nate whittled a sharp trick from the branch he broke off an ironwood tree in Waipio valley and plans on using it to pry the coconuts open the way he did in the Cook Islands. 

No comments: