Saturday, October 15, 2016

Lovely blustery day



Is it is crazy that I am thoroughly enjoying this blustery, rainy weather? 

There is something about being corralled into my home with my family that fills me with joy. Perhaps because it reminds me of my childhood and the many hours I spent building forts, playing house, baking, reading and drawing with my siblings.

My children played imaginary games and rode mattresses down the stairs for the majority of the day. When they tired, they curled up on the couch and watched cartoons, whilst happily munching on homemade popcorn. We enjoyed French toast and berries for breakfast and leftover Shepard's pie for dinner. It felt like we were hibernating from the world and it was wonderful. I got a TON of organizing done, which always makes me happy.  I love staying in my pj's and tackling areas of the house that are otherwise overlooked during the week. Places like my make-up drawer, the kids craft closet and my horrific baking drawer. I didn't enjoy scrubbing  all the furniture that Levi drew on, or the rugs he smeared with Vaseline a couple ago, but at least it's done... for now. 

No comments: