Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Stuff I loved in blog land


1) I love the concept of the book, "Just Between Us", that Elizabeth Kartchener blogs about over at her blog, Dear Lizzy.

"I have a stack of journals in my studio or night stand and wanted to share my favorite mom based ones I’ve loved over the years! Mostly because of the most recent one I was suggested by my friend Stephanie. I purchased it right then on Amazon and my girls have really enjoyed the experience so far. It’s called Just Between Us. It’s a mom and daughter journal developed by a mom and daughter duo. It’s a place where you can write to each other and she can ask me any question and I can share things with her too. ..... (read more)

2) Because I have actually done ministry in a strip club I found the article "I went to a strip club" from Just a Jesus Follower particularly interesting.

A while back I was asked by a group of pastor’s wives to go with them to strip clubs.
That sentence alone sounds strange. But hang with me.
At first I was a little hesitant. And not for reasons you might think.
I love people. Especially ones who are broken; it’s part of my calling. But, given what I’ve walked through, I know how fragile broken people can be.
And I know how insensitive the church can be.
And I was uneasy. But, these weren’t just any pastors wives. They had a vision...... (read more)

3) The article, "I'm not taking a break. I'm breaking" from the blog Scary Mommy resonated with me after the past two weeks I've had.

"It’s almost noon and I’m standing at the kitchen counter, where it feels like I’ve been all day, cutting up fruit for lunch. The FedEx truck is here. I forgot that the dogs were outside, and they’re giving the delivery man a less-than-warm welcome. In pajama pants and dirty hair, I run outside to shush the dogs and grab the package. My children, wearing a bizarre hodgepodge of dress-up clothes, squeeze past me to greet FedEx Guy..... (read more)
 

No comments: