Friday, December 18, 2015

Sometimes I need to remind myself


Sometimes I just need to remind myself that my children are only small for a season. That in the grand scheme of life, "those early years" are just flicker in time. The other day I watched my eldest dance in a Christmas play at our church and found myself recalling the days when she refused to sleep, destroyed people's house plants and tried to hurl herself down a flight of stairs. Now she uses words like "appropriate", can fry her own eggs, creates beautiful things and sleeps like a tank. I HAVE remind myself that Levi will eventually eat food on his own, stop falling off chairs and sleep through the night, otherwise I will go BONKERS. AS much as I love his hugs, sounds, and sweet little body, the "early years" challenge my sanity.

 

No comments: