Sunday, June 16, 2013

Marathon Madness.




Today I successfully ran 18km.

It's hard to believe, since I haven't run consistently in nearly four years. Nonetheless, it felt GOOD. It reminded me of how much I like to challenge myself and how strong I actually am. It is easy to forget since I have become accustomed to walking at a snails pace, and wadding around in the kiddie pool.  Finding the time to exercise can be challenging with two small children and a husband who works twelve hour days, but experience has taught me that when something is important to you.... you MAKE time for it. Needless to say, I have become very intentional about my "free time". I schedule out my runs a week in advance on the calendar so that Nathaniel is aware of how much time I need.  The hardest part is sticking to my schedule. Some mornings and I have to talk myself into swinging my feet over the side of the bed at 5:30 in the morning while other days I can't wait to dash out the door the second my husband walks through the door.  Once my iPod starts pumping out the tunes and my limbs warm up, I am grinning ear to ear. Thankfully, by the time I have logged the required amount of time/km I feel refreshed and happy. Why am I running so much these days? Well I took the plunge and signed up for the Victoria Marathon. GAH!

 
 

No comments: