Monday, May 20, 2013

Reflecting....


It's hard to believe that I have been home for more than a week now. My blissful three day cruise from L.A.to Vancouver is now a sweet but distant memory. It was a such a treat and something I will treasure for a long time. Spending time with my family in that context was incredibly relaxing and satisfying. No dishes, no mess, no schedule.... just pure fun.

 Each day I would settle into a cozy chair in the piazza, a large beautiful area at the center of the ship, and enjoy something from the "international cafe". There was always a cellist, pianist, or group or talented musicians playing classical instruments. I would journal and nibble on something delicious from the "International Cafe" (ie: cheesecake, pecans, figs, muesli, taramisu). It become our family's meeting place and we loved spending time there. We hardly cared that it was overcast and chilly for the duration of our time as there was so much to do. I saw my first live comedy show and nearly peed my pants. There was also a very talented group of dancers  that put on spectacular shows.

Our family played Dutch Blitz together, shared long leisurely meals, marinated in the hot tubs with the cold Pacific wind in our hair, attended a "high tea", shared desserts, warmed our bellies with cafe mocha's and watched a movie under the stars while enjoying cookies and milk. I dragged my sister to the gym in the morning so that I didn't have to suffer alone and pulled her onto dance floor at night. We changed our outfits multiple times each day, much to the amusement of our parents, and took a Latin dance class together (the Cha Cha Cha). I haven't done that dance since I took a Latin Dance course with  a roommate in University. I forgot how much FUN it was. Perhaps Nathaniel and I should go Latin dancing on our next date

The food, OH THE FOOD. It was amazing!  My sister and I diligently photographed each and every one of our meals. They were all so pretty.  I enjoyed my fair share of delicious food but a few of my favorites were grilled salmon with herbed butter, escargot, beef wellington, prime rib and an incredible gourmet salad. The desserts were equally mouthwatering.





 Well, now that I have left your saliva glands working overtime, I will wrap this up. If you would like to see some more photos from my trip you will find them on my face book page. Enjoy!







 




 
 
 




















 

1 comment:

Chris is a geek said...

Looks and sounds like a wonderful time Joce! I saw the pictures on facebook too. Beautiful!

~Caroline