Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Bellies and babies

Recently I had the privilege or being asked to take a few photos of one of my friend's belly.  She is pregnant with her third and well into her last trimester. She is  planning on having a home birth and has asked me to be her doula. I cannot begin to express how excited and honored I feel. I have thoroughly going enjoyed getting to know her and her family and I am excited to be a part of such a significant event in her life. Yippee!





Over the past couple of weeks  I have been plowing though Ina May Gaskin's "Guide to Childbirth", re-reading Ami Mckay's "the birth house", Jack Newman's guide to Breastfeeding, The "baby Catcher  by Peggy Vincent, and most recently "Hypnobirthing" by Marie F. Mongan. Needless to say, I feel immersed in all things pregnancy and childbirth. 

For the past month I have had the privilege of spending time with one of my oldest and dearest girlfriends. She currently lives in a remote community on the west coast and had come to town to await the arrival of her third child.  In the past, it was not uncommon for us to see each other once every couple of years, so it has been lovely  been lovely to see her on a regular basis. We got to spend a whole day together shopping and eating delicious things WITHOUT OUR CHILDREN. It was wonderful!!!!







Just look at this AMAZING salad!



On Valentines Day she gave birth to this beautiful little girl. 



*SIGH* If it is possible to have baby fever, I have it, especially after holding sweet little Solvieg. I have already started counting down the months  until Nathaniel and I give it another whirl. The thought of having three kiddos is a a little terrifying, but also exciting. It has taken me awhile to want another child, but now that Claire is sleeping through the night, weaned and nearly potty trained.... I feel ready to do it all over again. Am I crazy?

No comments: