Thursday, January 31, 2013

:A perfectly kept house is the sign of a misspent life"....

I spent some time at Chapters a couple of days ago, sipping my tea and leafing through piles of gorgeous coffee table books, and magazines. It was  refreshing and inspiring. 


I loved the quote on the front of this colorful, visually appealing book. 


While I LOVE and I mean L.O.V.E having a tidy home, I realize that baking with my girls, building play forts that span entire rooms, and making crafts is much more memorable. That being said, I still adore well put together rooms that ooze color, personality and warmth.


And spaces where everything has its place.... *sigh* 


Perhaps one day, when my sweet children have grown and left the nest, I will find myself free of sticky fingers and stuffed animals and  long for their return. Or perhaps, I will rejoice and maintain an immaculate
home. Probably not! I'd rather be be catching babies as a midwife, travelling the globe with my husband and doting on my grand babies. 



What about you? What do you dream about doing twenty years from now?

No comments: