Sunday, September 2, 2012

A whole slew of camping photos

 
It is hard to believe that it is September 1st, and that it is time to bid summer farewell. Before I launch into autumn fever I wanted to share a few photos from our camping trip at the beginning of August.  We spent two night at Little Qualicum falls with family (my brother and his wife Jill, my sister and her son, my parents and my cousin and her family). I was initially a bit apprehensive about going but I knew that I just HAD to try it. Nathaniel and I have not camped since we had children and we were determined to do so this year. I am so thankful that my sister in law Jill organized the whole thing, slept on a beach to get us side by side camp sites and then provided a ton of fun things to do in and around Qualicum.



Spending quality time with Opa
 

She hardly said a peep all weekend.



My absolute favorite camping mug. My parents have had these mugs for at least 20 years. 

 
The girl's were excited to see their cousins Sam and Kai

 
Painting rocks during some "quiet time'.



My parents enjoying a very refreshing ( I mean "freezing") dip.


Sweet Sam and my "little" sister Rachel.

I just LOVE LOVE LOVE this photo of my cousin Kara and her son Kai. Isn't he a cutie?
 
 
My happy early riser!





As a child I remember getting so excited about being able to eat my cereal straight out of the box. It is fun being able to share these things with my girls!



 



 


An "attempt" at a family photo.....



A REALLY tasty smore!


Thankfully the girls were great around the fire and sat 
contentedly in their chairs.

 



 
 
I have a ton more photos but uploading them to blogger is time consuming and frustrating. If you want to see more check my albums on facebook







No comments: