Friday, May 18, 2012

A "pinterest" breakfast

For those of you who are not familiar with the term "pinterest" you are missing out on something fabulous. It has been around for awhile now, and slowly I am getting all my friends addicted to it. Basically, it is a website where you can pin the neat stuff you find on the Internet: photos, recipes, arts and crafts, fashion.... anything. You can create your own boards or just stalk your friends' boards. Here is a link to my pinterest account if you want to take a peek. If you want an invitation to create your own, let me know and I will invite you.

My friend Holly and I had been avid "pinners" for some time now, when she suggested that we have "pinterest" inspired breakfast. Now let me tell you- breakfast at Holly's is always amazing so I was excited to see what sort of dishes she would chose. Traditionally we dine on hash browns, bacon, scrambled eggs, orange juice french toast, waffles, whipping cream, and  berries. So delicious!!! We sit around in our pj's and watch "The Price is Right", although I am rather useless at it since I have only watched it a handful of times. This time she pulled out all the stops and wowed us with another stunning spread. In addition to the standard side dishes, we sampled flower power eggs, fruit and yogurt parfait, mini pancake skewers, smoothies, baby fruit salads, baked apple cinnamon french toast and these breakfast muffins that just rocked my world.Needless to say I stuffed myself. I've included a few pictures so that you could feast your eyes on this delectable spread. Thank you Holly!


Fruit Cups












Granola Yogurt Parfait
 ( I "helped" with this one... and kinda messed it up). It still tasted delicious!


Waffles with Peaches and Blackberries


Mini Pancakes Skewers (so fun) :0)












My measly contribution was this plate of Homemade Cinnamon Buns.

Orange Pushup Smoothie


Breakfast Muffins (Delicious)!!!!!!!!

Our happy stuffed family.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Wow! I like the eggs in green pepper. All of the food does look scrumptious. I like your family photo too.