Thursday, March 8, 2012

Dreaming of Paris..



My girlfriend and I have talked about traveling to France for a couple years now and I am certain that one day we will. Until then I will just daydream about

the clothes I will wear......

trip to paris



the postcards I will send..



the insightful and delightful things I will journal about....



the delicious things I will dine on...





the views that will drink in...



the narrow streets and villages I will explore....


>

My girlfriend and I are hoping to ride our bikes through the French countryside and stay at rambling cottages along the way. I loved this quote from an online cycling brochure.

"Ever dream of cycling through beautiful countryside on roads so small and devoid of cars they seem like bike paths? Or combining cycling with viewing unique historical sites? Or just having a great green vacation talking with friendly hosts and tasting great food and wine? Then you should consider cycle touring in the Dordogne and Lot area of Southwest France. Just four hours from Paris by trains that transport your bike with you, it is easy to access and a world of its own. Even though it abounds with interesting sites and beautiful villages and countryside, it is one of the least developed areas in France and remains fairly inexpensive to visit. Your cycling day typically starts with fresh French bread, cheese and lots of great coffee, and ends with a tasty supper and French wine. In between you will cycle along rivers, over hilltops with marvelous views, along ancient towpaths and through walnut groves. You can visit historic castles, fortified towns, prehistoric caves, bustling markets and of course wineries – the choice is yours." - Murray Hendren

Here is another dreamy description..

"Provence, a region in southeastern France renowned for its beautiful villages and glorious countryside is a cyclist’s dream come true. This part of France takes you on mostly quiet roads over old Roman bridges that are still in use today, past sleepy villages, through flower filled countryside and on past vineyards and olive groves. Stop in small villages for a bowl of the famous pistou soup – made with garlic, fresh basil and olive oil."



Now I just need to start saving all my pennies...

No comments: