Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Creativity

As I mentioned earlier, Nathaniel's grandmother has been staying with us for the past two weeks, and as such I have not had access to my craft room. As such, I have been looking for other creative outlets. Yesterday, that outlet was homemade pizza. I have been searching for a yummy pizza dough recipe for the past couple of days, but sometimes "google" yields so many tantalizing options that I get overwhelmed. Somehow I managed to decide on this recipe, and after proofing my yeast, I gave it a whirl. Amelia helped me slather the dough with olive oil so that it would get crunchy and golden and then we added our topping. Our first pizza was a standard tomato sauce with ham, pineapple and cheese.
The second pizza was composed of pesto, chicken, spinach, parmesan, mozzarella and chick peas.
For Amelia's and Claire's joint birthday I thought that it would fun to let everyone make their own pizzas, hence the test run with the pizza dough. My mom used to let us make our own little pizzas when we were growing up and I loved it. Now I just need to figure how many batches to make. I hope that I start making pizza dough on a regular basis. I would like to experiment with thin crust pizzas as well and possibly invest in a nice pizza stone. I never thought that I would enjoy thin crust pizza, but now that I have become more food conscious, I would rather fill up on flavorful toppings rather intestine clogging doughy bread. That being said, cheesy doughy bread tastes pretty dang delicious once and awhile.

No comments: