Monday, February 13, 2012

Thoughts on Valentines



Eeee, it is valentines tomorrow! I know I may sound ridiculous but I really like Valentines. Our culture celebrates a lot of funny things, but love is definitely worth celebrating. In my opinion, Valentines is not just about expressing love for a boyfriend or husband, but also for letting all the special people in your life know how much you appreciate them. I usually send snail mail to my girlfriends, although this year, I didn't get around to it. Opps... Sorry friends. I hope you still know how much I appreciate you! :0)

When I was younger my mom would always make us a fancy breakfast (usually waffles with strawberries)as well as a little gift. I look forward to carrying on that tradition in my own family. I have plans to make heart shaped pancakes topped with raspberries and whipping cream tomorrow and present Amelia with something I handmade for her. She is going to LOVE it! Nathaniel will be getting a book he has wanted for a long time as well as some of his favorite chocolates. I was going to buy him an orchid, but I couldn't find the variety he likes.

Once our babies are in bed Nathaniel and I are going to cook us something special and then dine by candlelight. My absolute favorite part of Valentines is getting a card filled with heartfelt thoughts from my hubby, so we will most likely read our cards to one another while we enjoy some dessert (that is if I decide to break down and make some). I am tempted to make a molten chocolate lava cake or a flour less chocolate cake. Dah!

Nathaniel and I have always tried to do something special together on Valentines,and it is always fun thinking of something different to do each year. A few of my favorite Valentine celebrations include, a fancy five course dinner that my taste buds will NEVER forget, a salsa dancing cruise in Vancouver, a hilarious show accompanied with a sumptuous feat, and an overnight camel safari in India. I know that we have many more years ahead of us to do fun, adventurous things, but this year I am more than happy to stay home and keep it sweet and simple.

No comments: