Sunday, January 8, 2012

A splendid day

I had such a fantastic day today! It was wonderful. When I woke up this morning the sun was shining and I couldn't help but feel optimistic. After some peppermint tea and a healthy breakfast I received a phone call from a friend who had called to see if I wanted to go for a walk with her and her children. Nathaniel and I bundled up our girls and we took a walk in the fresh snow under a bright blue sky. When we got home we tossed the girls into the car and went to church. We ended up being invited to some one's home for lunch and happily agreed. This family lives in a beautiful log cabin surrounded by the most beautiful meadows and pasture. They still cook on an antique stove and made the most delicious chili I have had in a long time. It was served with Greek salad, homemade bread, and mashed potatoes. I let myself indulge and had a little chili but I was a good girl and didn't eat any of the brownies they served afterwards. Who hoo for small victories! The fellowship was equally delightful and I relished spending time with other believers. It makes me realize how much I miss Christian community. What I wouldn't give to have one of my girlfriends come over and spend the night lost in worship with me.(Tiffany- I'm thinking of you right now).



In any case, it was a delightful day and I was still able to tuck my girls into bed at a decent time. My spiritual, social and physical needs have been satisfied and I am soon going to head down to my craft room for some creative time. (Lori - if you are reading this I plan on finally finishing something I started for you ages ago).

This video from YouTube of a band called Walk Off The Earth playing a cover on the song "Somebody That I Used To Know". It is just pure awesomeness! Check it out.

1 comment:

The Stiffs said...

SOOO nice to hear that you had a great day, and that it included thoughts of me ;) I'm trying to figure out how/when we can come visit you when you have your new posting (hopefully on the island, right?).
Love to you today. And because I can't be there in person, watch "Come to me" by Jenn Johnson on YouTube, and I'll watch it too, and we'll be together in spirit!