Friday, February 25, 2011

Inspiration collages

One of the really great things having two girls will be the fact that they can share a room. I have been having a blast deciding how I will decorate their space once we move into our next home. I have been attracted to the colors: tangerine, orange, pink and red. I love how they look together and they are full of FUN! This is a little inspiration collage I put together to help me choose fabrics and decor. I really love the owl fabric and I have already ordered paper poms in those colors. Unfortunately, Picasa wouldn't let me upload the pictures of the tangerine poms and the pictures of the owl pillows I plan to make, but I will let you use your imagination.




I plan on using the poms for Amelia's birthday party and then hanging them above Claire's crib. At present, Amelia is still sleeping in the crib and I have no intention of changing that fact. These are my reasons........ she goes to bed like a dream, sleeps 12 hours a night and requests a two hour nap every afternoon. I am NOT messing with that. When she starts climbing out of her crib then we will have to re-evaluate, but until then I am not changing a thing. Little Claire will be sleeping in her bassinet beside my bed and then if need be, the playpen that Amelia has outgrown. I have to admit that I look forward to the day when we can set up the bunk beds that my daddy made for my sister and I. The great thing about them is the fact that they can be used as two individual single beds or stacked on top of each other.

When we move to the island, we plan on buying a three bedroom home so that I can keep my craft space. Having a space to be creative, and leave paper and felt and fabric on the floor keeps me sane and motivated in the wake of all the mundane activities I do each day. Amelia is starting to appreciate my vast supply of glue, punches, buttons, paper and glitter and she now has her own tote of foam stickers, play dough, finger paints, and crayons. I look forward to our little creative sessions even though they are MESSY! Hopefully both my girls will love being crafty with me as they grow.

Here is the inspiration collage I made for my future craft space:



I ordered some paper poms for my craft space as well in seafoam, turquoise and other delightful shades of blue. I think they will really set the tone for my "beach glass" inspired space. Nathaniel is going to build me some shelves where I am can display my pottery collection as well as my coral and starfish. At some point I would love to buy a dremmel and start making jewellery from the frosted glass I have collected over the years.

2 comments:

Caroline said...

I love those colours too! So is moving to the island a for sure thing? When?

Unknown said...

LOVE the colours and ideas! It's so wonderful to have girls :) Love, blessings, and prayers from us to you guys!