Thursday, June 24, 2010

Feeling a little blue .....

I woke up feeling a little sad today. The sun is shinning, I had a yummy breakfast of cereal, strawberries and peaches, my baby is snoozing peacefully..... but I still feel a little sad. Perhaps it is because one of my husband's troop mates died earlier this week and he will be flying to Alberta to attend her funeral. It has been a hard week for him and a sobering week for me. When the detachment commander called to let me know that she had died, I felt shaky all morning. Only 7 months ago I watched her graduate depot with all the other cadets, hopeful and looking forward to her hard earned career with the RCMP. She was only 25 and newly married. Such a sad loss. I can't imagine how horrible it would be to loose Nathaniel, and yet I can't let myself dwell on the "maybes and "what.ifs". I am determined to not let fear dictate or hinder my life. I have done, and will continue to do things that others may deem "dangerous" because I believe that life is meant to be a great adventure or nothing at all.

I am proud of my husband and supportive of his choice to be an officer, despite the fact that he is in dangerous situations on a regular basis. I would rather have a happy husband who feels challenged in his work than one who is bored out of his mind at a "safe" job. I know what kind of man I married.... the kind that jumps out of the trees that grow on cliffs, picks up scary bugs, heli logs, eats bizarre things, hunts wild animals, and lets himself get pummled by waves.....

2 comments:

Caroline said...

So sad for you and Nathaniel, Jocelyn. :0( Praying for God's comfort. ;0)

p.s. I hear ya on the job thing, and think you are amazing for supporting Nathaniel in his career!

Rachel said...

wow, that is so sad to hear about one of nathaniels mates were killed so soon. i feel sad for her family. what happened? yes i hear you on the dangerous job perspective too. mat is in the same line of work and is locked up guarding these criminals. We will be strong together on this. I keep nathaniel and you and amelia in my prayers