Sunday, April 25, 2010

Opps!



My dear husband left the sprinkler on last night and this was what greeted me when I opened the door this morning.




Oh my poor lilacs! They were frozen solid. There was at least two inches of ice around every branch and blade of grass. It was freakish looking and yet beautiful at the same time. I had to laugh although I was deeply concerned wether or not my beloved shrub was going to recover from the shock. Thankfully by the end of the day it looked relatively normal - aside from a few cracked branches.

Later that day, after I had put Amelia down for her nap, a new friend brought her horse over and we spent the better part of an hour brushing it and chatting. I am ever so thankful for this new friend. She has such a sweet, gentle disposition and she is incredibly easy to talk to. I have been struggling to make friends with some of the other RCMP wives, so it has been nice to relax in this relationship. I will post some pictures of me riding her horse at some point.

A random picture of the really yummy nachos I made for lunch.

1 comment:

VĂ¥ge Family Website said...

Oh Joce...your overnight freeze is hysterical. I would have totally freaked! I'm glad your lilac bush survived!

I'm even more glad that you have a new girlfriend to spend time with!