Saturday, February 27, 2010

Great mail day



I had a great mail day on Thursday! Got three handmade letters from Norway (thank you Heidi) and a bunch of Martha Stewart punches I ordered from the US. I have been having so much fun with the butterfly punch.



I decided to use an old frame that no longer had glass and use it as a quasi shadow-box-of-sorts. I played around a bit before I decided how to place by butterflies in the frame.

This version is fun because it looks like the butterflies just landed on the paper.



The organized version.



I have been making a lot my embellishments lately. The other day I made some ribbon flowers on my sewing machine.I got the idea from a great book called "52 more scrap booking challenges" by Elizabeth Kartchner. You should get out her blog - it my absolute favorite. She makes so many pretty things.
Blog link: http://elizabethkartchner.blogspot.com/




1 comment:

Rachel said...

Love your little butterflies, they look so neat. Im sure you will create lots of wonderful things from them