Sunday, February 7, 2010

Creative slump



I am experiencing a creative slump. I don't even have the energy to get dressed. Perhaps I will spend the day eating chocolate and wearing my husband's clothing. My little sprout is sleeping at the moment so I am stealing some time to blog and peruse the Internet for inspiration.... I really would love to spend the day curled up in bed with a good book. Those days are loooong gone.

I have not been completely useless...I did re-arrange my craft room. Organizing is something I often do when I don't have the energy to create. It makes me feel productive. I have a bit of an obsession with being "productive". It is rather difficult for me to just "be", especially when there are dishes in the sink. I can't stand it when my house is messy and it takes everything within me to ignore it and take my daughter to the park. I think that I am starting to get a little bit more relaxed, or at least I hope I am. I still freak out when I know that someone is coming over and there is stuff strewn everywhere. It doesn't help that both my daughter and husband are walking whirlwinds. Dahhhh!


I am planning a cupcake decorating party for a couple of mom's I recently met. I really enjoy Valentines and have been furiously making cards for my dearest friends. Normally my husband and I always do something extravagant but this year I think we will be doing something simple. Last year we did a camel safarie in the Thar desert in India... this year we will most likely have to settle for some home cooking and a cuddle.


I started riding my bike this week. It is attached to my wind trainer (a far cry from tearing down the side of a mountain, but it will suffice until the ice melts. It is depressing to realize how out of shape I am. I think that I have been putting off strenuous exercise for fear of discovering that fact. *sigh* My husband, on the other hand, is in the best shape of his life. Once and awhile he invites me to do push-ups on the floor with him .... what generally ensues is the following.... (Nathaniel) "You can do it, just straighten your back and focus".... (me)"arrrrgggg so hard.... and then landing flat on my face and laughing hysterically. Did you know that it is incredibly difficult to do push ups when you are laughing. One day i will be able to do more than three... in a row.

No comments: