Monday, January 26, 2009

A little about me



Describing oneself is a strange thing, especially when I haven't done it in awhile. Let's see...... I am introspective: I am incredibly inquisitive and an excellent listener. I think that I am a type A, goal orientated type of girl, but I am learning how to relax and sleep in. I consider myself to be both social and introverted. Crowds exhausted me and deep conversations invigorate me. I enjoy solitude and I require a great deal of it to feel refreshed. I am ambitious, and competitive but also easy going, and thoughtful. Sometimes I feel like a conundrum. I am a feminist, a follower of Jesus, a wife, a soon to be mother, an older sister, and a good friend. I like to read, road bike, camp, snuggle with my husband, bake cookies, listen to jazz, travel, scrapbook, sing, swim and write. I enjoy trail running, drinking warm delicious beverages, volunteering, looking at decorating magazines, dreaming, wearing high heels, wandering in the forest, taking photographs, drinking tea with my girlfriends and making lists.

Things that I am proud of:1) Bought, renovated and sold a home for an excellent profit. I learned how to use some really cool power tools. 2) Trained for and completed a triathlon. Swam 2.0km Biked 93km Ran 22.1 km. It was the most amazing race I have ever competed in. 3) Traveled around the world with my husband. We visited over 16 countries in 8 months. My favorite places were Guatemala, Rajasthan, India and Zanzibar, Tanzania. 4) Worked my way through University by selling books door to door across Canada. It was the hardest job I ever had, but it taught me some valuable lessons and allowed me to graduate without any debt. Beautiful.

No comments: