Monday, December 1, 2008

Dreaming of my future home

I love to dream and I particularily love to dream of the home I want to one day build with my husband. I have always had a fondness for old character homes, but I also like barn style homes as well. I like exposed beams, wood floors, big schoolhouse windows, window seats and slanted ceilings. I love homes surrounded by evergreens, but I delight in open meadows as well.



I dream of one day having a garden laden with vegetables, and fruit trees. In the summer I would pick blueberries, cherries, and rasberries to my heart's content and freeze whatever I didn't eat. I would collect apples in my apron and gather sweet carrots from the warm earth.



I dream of a flower garden heged with boxwood and filled to the brim with hydrangas, dahliahs, columbimes, delphiniums, hollyhocks and peonies. I want to gorw lots of cutting flowers so that I can filled my home with fresh blossoms every day.

No comments: