Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The beauty of the Christmas season....



There is something about the Christmas season that awakens the child in me. I relish digging out my scarves, mittens and wool jackets. I look forward to that first gulp of apple cider, decorating gingerbread and picking out a Christmas tree. I still get excited about the first frost and well as the first snowfall. I doubt I will do any sledding this year as I am nearly 7 months pregnant.



This year I decided to decorate little tins and fill them with baking for my friends and family. I made buttertarts, gingerbread decorated like snowflakes, thumprint cookies and oatmeal applesauce cookies. I also made some handmade cards, as scrapbooking has become one of my newfound passions. I have also been gathering armloads of evergreens on my morning walks.

I can't wait to start decorating the few gifts I have bought this year. Ussually I love bright gypsey colors, but this year I been drawn to natural fibers, linen, lace and evergreens.



1 comment:

VĂ¥ge Family Website said...

we're having an earth toned christmas this year in our house. it's so cozy! wish you were here so we could drink warm sweetness together and eat treats til our stomachs were bursting.